City of Kinston
TEMPORARY ADVERTISEMENT ONLY
Mayor’s Summer Intern Program SALARY: UNPAID
The Mayor’s Office for the City of Kinston is currently seeking an intern who desires to gain first-hand experience in the administration of local government. A successful applicant will have general knowledge in social media, web development, and/or internet technologies. The intern is expected to have good oral skills, be highly motivated, responsible, punctual, and committed. Summer internship will be approximately 10 hours per week throughout the month of August.
- Legislative Research and Writing
- Community Engagement
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid NC Driver’s License
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA and solid attendance record
- Must be a junior or senior in high school or freshman or sophomore in college
Submit cover letter, resume, two letters of recommendation, and a writing sample to Mayor@Kinstonnc.gov by July 23, 2012.
CLOSING DATE: JULY 23, 2012